“Gemeentebelangen” (freely translated: “Community Interests”) is the only independent local political party of the Leidschendam-Voorburg municipality. Since we are not affiliated with a larger nationwide political party, we are independent and free to have our own vision on political issues. Therefore, we are able to optimise our political views and ambitions in the best interest of our municipality. Gemeentebelangen consists of a diverse group of people, who are involved, experienced and open-minded. We want to be an accessible party for everyone, for young and old, rich and poor, Dutch and non-Dutch. We encourage everyone to get involved!
- Green and open spaces are scarce. Keep them green and open. 24% of all office buildings in our muncipality are empty (the highest share within The Netherlands), convert them into residential buildings.
- Allow more public involvement in decision making
- Police more visible on the streets, focus on targetting criminal activities (such as burglary and violence), create more activities for the youth to prevent loitering and vandalism.
- Make it easier for entrepreneurs to operate within in the muncipality, and add to the local employment.
- Associations, clubs and charities are the foundation of our society. Support them morally and financially.
Sustainability and creating an environmentally friendly community benefits us all. We should invest in the transformation to create a more sustainable way of living.
- Make expats feel welcome in Leidschendam-Voorburg and encourage them to involve.
Want to know more?
Please let us know if you have any questions or any problems!
You can contact Harry, secretary of Gemeentebelangen, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Am I able to vote in Leidschendam-Voorburg?
Voting for municipial elections is possible when you are either:
- a Dutch citizen, aged 18 or older, and residing in the corresponding municipialty
- an EU (European Union) citizen, aged 18 or older, and residing in the corresponding municipialty
- a non-dutch citizen with a legal status (and living in The Netherlands for over 5 consecutive years), aged 18 or older, and residing in the corresponding municipialty
Important: During elections, be sure to bring your ‘vote pass’ (you will receive one at your home-adress) and a valid ID. If you fail to bring either of those two documents, you will be denied to vote.
Source: Dutch Government (in Dutch)
Translate this website (gblv.nl) with google translate to English here.